Baby cribs play an essential role in your child's upbringing. They are the safest place for your child to have a nap. Because they do not fall from the crip and you do not have any fear about that.
As your toddler starts growing, you need to learn how to manage the height of the crib because there would be a risk for your child to fall. Many baby cribs have adjustable heights, and you can adjust them. Parents think that lowering the crib height is essential.
Lowering the peak of the crib is not a difficult task, and you just need to follow a few steps. In this blog, we will talk about the mattress and how and when you can lower your babyletto mattress height for your toddler.
Why do Parents Want to Lower the Peak of the Mattress?
At some period, you need to heighten your crib. As time passes and your baby starts growing, it is easy for your child to come out of the babyletto crib. So, it becomes essential to keep the mattress lower in height. Lowering Crib, helps to keep your child safe and sound from any sudden accident if you are not around.
There is a lot of news regarding the accident of the baby falling from the crib and being taken to the hospital. You should lower the babyletto crib when it is right for you. A baby can easily climb down from the crib for more than five months.
The safety of your child is essential as a parent. So, in the shortening Crib, it is vital at the right time to know that your baby has started crawling and can climb from the crib.
When do Parents Want to Lower the Peak of the Mattress?
Keeping your baby's crib at the lowest level is not mandatory, but in shortening Crib it if your baby starts sitting and crawling without your help. It is recommended to lower the setting to keep your child secure when playing or sleeping in the crib.
If your crib remains in the same position, there is a risk of falling your baby on the floor or carpet in your bedroom. To keep your child safe from these accidents, it is recommended to adjust the grip according to the age and size of your baby.
How do Parents Lower the Peak Point of the Mattress?
Height the babyletto is simple and easy to do, but lowering the crib is complicated for the parents. But it is relatively easy that you need someone's help. You can do it by yourself. The steps to lower down the height of the baby mattress are given below:
- The first step is to decide the mattress peak in the crib. You must choose how much you want the height to be so your little one does not fall from the crib. Don’t start your process while deciding.
- You can consider height by removing the mattress sheet and crib bedding. If you remove the height and the bedding from the crib, it will not snuggle into the crib while adjusting or lowering the height of the mattress.
- Crib, when to lower, requires a screwdriver and a measuring tape to tighten the screw and measure the peak of the mattress, respectively.
- There are screws at the front of the crib. Remove them with the help of a screwdriver and measure the height with the measuring tape to lower the height of the mattress as you desire. Once you have removed the screws, you can now shorten the height of the crib.
- Repeat the same process with the head of the crib to shorten the height of the mattress.
- Now, insert the screw with the help of a screwdriver at the head and the foot to keep the crib safe and stable.
- Now, put your mattress sheet and crib bedding in the crib. So, you have to lower the high point of the mattress.
What are the Standard Requirements for Babyletto Cribs and When to Lower them?
- The standard height of a crib is 26 inches from the top of the mattress.
- The thickness of the mattress is five to six inches.
- The distance should be 20 to 21 inches from the railing to the mattress.
If your baby turns five months, it's time to lower the mattress to keep your baby secure. The setting of lowering the mattress should be in the middle when the baby is five months old. If your baby exceeds more than five months, like eight months, it is time to lower the number to keep it secure.
Now, you get to know how and when you can lower the mattress. It helps to keep your child safe and secure while playing and taking a nap in the crib. As your baby grows to more than a year, it is advised to shift them to a convertible bed.