Parenthood with multiple kids is a demanding job otherwise, and if you want a day out with them it becomes more challenging. For day trips with young kids, not only do parents ensure to bring all the essentials for the day but also take care of little ones’ comfort.
Although strollers also make traveling with kids easy, for multiple kids, wagons are a better option. This is so because they have more room to hold multiple kids on one hand, and also are more durable, and prove their effectiveness for many years. While kids grow out of strollers around the age of 3.5 years at the max, wagons can cater to them till the age of 5.
Before jumping on top wagons of 2023, let’s have a comparison of wagons with strollers.
Which One is the Best: Wagon or Double Stroller?
Like most parents, you might have come across this question. For your convenience, we have compiled a comparison between the two.
When to have a Wagon
- If you have more kids, including a newborn and toddlers over 3 years old, a wagon serves the purpose best for longer trips.
- Most stroller wagons are gigantic, so if you have a big car, you can have one, except the Veer Wagon which is compact enough to fold like a stroller.
- Most wagons are for kids to sit in and enjoy the ride. However, for one sleeping baby, you can add a sleeping bassinet to the wagon.
- Most wagons cover a longer length of time, from birth, or 6 months, to 5 years of age.
- It works best for twins at first or a newborn and a toddler under 3 years of age.
- Most strollers can fit into a smaller car.
- Strollers are more comfortable for sleeping babies.
- Strollers usually last a shorter length of time, from the newborn stage to 3.5 years at most.
Most wagons don’t provide enough support for a child and have safety issues in comparison to a stroller. However, some stroller wagons like the Veer wagon provide exceptional support and comfort like a stroller. If you are the parent of a single baby, or twins, or have all under 3 years of age, go for a double stroller. But if you are fond of traveling and have a newborn and a toddler over 3 years or more than 2 babies of different ages above 3, a wagon suits you the best.
Let’s get a bird’s-eye view of the top wagons of 2023.
Veer All-Terrain Cruiser Wagon
- Dimensions (open body): 37” L x 20” W x 23” H
- Dimensions (folded body): 37” L x 20” W x 14” H
- Wagon weight: 32.5 lbs
- Maximum weight capacity: 45” height or 55 lbs per seat
- Age: from birth to 5+ years
Veer Cruiser gives you the functions and safety of a premium stroller and the sturdiness of a rugged wagon. It is perfect for a family adventure on less traveled paths where all of your children, from the firstborn to the last, fit in. That is the reason this wagon is the favorite among parents. Some salient features of the wagon are:
- One of the lightest and most compact wagons.
- Compact enough to fit into cars and be gate-checked with most airlines.
- Sturdy, robotically welded aluminum frame
- Rugged, knobby tires with suspension
- Waterproof hardware and fabrics ensure quick cleaning through hose washing.
- Meets high safety standards( JPMA and ASTM approved).
- Two passenger seats, each with a 3-point harness.
- One-hand easy folding stands in an upright position while folded.
- One-touch foot brake for secure parking.
- Either push, pull, or push along: push it like a stroller, pull it like a wagon, or push along like an upright luggage.
- A versatile handlebar with a locking ability in the upright position and the ability to be adjusted or rotated when unlocked.
- Any brand of car seat can lock onto its frame with adapters sold separately.
- Enough storage space, including 4 storage wells for toys and 6 mesh interior pockets.
- Multiple cup holders
- A snack and drink tray
Besides plenty of in-built features in the Veer all-terrain wagon, Veer offers other useful accessories, such as:
- Extra-large foldable storage basket
- Retractable canopy
- Comfort seats for toddlers
- Cargo nets
- Travel bag for cruiser
- Seat covers
- Nap system
- Weather cover
- Bug shield
- Travel bag for switchback bassinet and cruiser
Those with more than two kids in their family may consider going for a Cruiser XL Wagon that can accommodate up to 4 children. With the rest of the features of the Veer all-terrain wagon, XL has 4 passenger seats with more capacity.
Other names among the top wagons of 2023 include:
- Wonderfold Luxe Dual Stroller Wagon
- Keenz XC 2 Passenger Stroller Wagon
Both of these wagons are suitable for kids from 6 months onward.