Sonata Features and Benefits
Created to enhance your breast milk feeding experience, Sonata is:
- Smart: Communicates directly with the MyMedela app through Smart Solution™, offering you support and tracking to help you reach your breast milk feeding goals
- Quiet: Medela's quietest personal use pump for discretion in all situations, including late night pumping sessions
Responsive: Using exclusive Responsive Pump Technology, Sonata automatically adjusts to your body and the environment, self-troubleshoots, offers two distinct pumping rhythms and ensures that each session is consistent and comfortable
- Pumping Rhythms: Sonata features 2 clinically tested pumping rhythms to maximize comfort and milk expression
- Signature - This rhythm is inspired by the rhythm found in Medela's Symphony™ hospital-grade breast pump and features our patented 2-Phase Expression Technology
- Lifestyle - This is an alternate rhythm that gives you flexibility to change your pumping routine, extend your battery life, and have even quieter pumping sessions. It also incorporates Medela's patented 2-Phase Expression Technolog
*Why is Medela’s patented 2-Phase Expression technology important? Research shows that babies feed with two distinct phases:
- Stimulation phase - when babies first go to breast, they suck faster to start the milk flowing.
- Expression phase - after milk flow or "let-down" starts, babies breastfeed with a slower, deeper suck to remove milk.
For hygienic reasons, personal use breast pumps cannot be returned once opened. This is a single user product, as per Health Canada Regulations. Use by more than one person may present a health risk, affects performance and voids the warranty.