- Protect sensitive, dry or cracked nipples during breastfeeding
- Made from transparent, ultra-thin, soft silicone that’s comfortable on sensitive skin
- Safe and taste-free for your baby
- Shape maximizes skin contact between you and your baby
- BPA free
What is a nipple shield?
A nipple shield is a thin, flexible piece of silicone that you place over your nipple before breastfeeding to protect it. There are holes in the tip so your milk can pass through to your baby. Some moms worry that having a ‘barrier’ between themselves and their baby may interfere with the intimacy of breastfeeding, which is why Medela Contact™ nipple shields have an open section to ensure you still enjoy plenty of that special skin contact.
When to use nipple shields
There are three main circumstances when you might use nipple shields:
- If you have sore, cracked nipples, or are suffering from nipple pain.
- If you have flat or inverted nipples.
- If your baby has problems latching on to the nipple and is not drinking milk well.