Clek was born out of one of the world’s largest, most diversified automotive suppliers, and with it came the superior design, engineering, world class manufacturing and craftsmanship found in luxury automotive seating today. Our thinking is design thinking. Not only products, but also experiences. Parenting comes with compromises. We get that. But we don’t believe you need to compromise when it comes to child passenger safety.
The Mother of all Car Seats: the Foonf is Clek’s no-compromise convertible child seat – introducing revolutionary safety technology, and innovative convenience features.
- Height: 25 – 43 in / 63.5 – 109.2 cm
- Weight: 14 – 40 lb / 6.35 – 18.14 kg
- Min Age: Able to sit upright alone – When using with infant-thingy you can accommodate a child that is 5 lb and 19 in. (sold separately)
- Height: 30 – 49 in / 76.2 – 124.46 cm
- Weight: 22 – 65 lb / 9.97 – 29.5 kg
- Min Age: 2 years plus recommended
- Rigid-UAS Forward-Facing Installation: Over 80% of child seats in North America are not used properly. Hands down the easiest Forward-Facing installation in its class, Foonf’s Rigid-UAS system makes proper Forward-Facing installation effortless.
- Vehicle-friendly Rear-Facing Design: Base of child seat measures 13 in. wide for improved installation in difficult vehicle seating positions, like deep bucket seats and centre seating positions. Anti-rebound bar nests into flat part of vehicle seat back ensuring a snug installation with ease.
- Smooth Recline: Foonf includes an easy-to-engage, smooth recline function, making each ride more comfortable.
- Foonf boasts a narrow width: Under 17 in. at its widest point and 13 in. at the base — making 3-across seating possible.
- Extended Rear-Facing Installation: Foonf was designed to international best practices for extended rear-facing use, which is to accommodate children in a rear-facing installation until their 4th birthday.
- Rigid Sub-Structure: Foonf is reinforced by a steel and magnesium sub-structure.
- Advanced Side Impact Protection: Energy-absorbing foam-lined Headrest connected to frame using steel rods provides maximum head protection in a side-impact collision. Foam layers on both the inside and outside of the frame protect your child by absorbing energy in a side-impact collision, resulting in less force directly upon your child.
- Manufactured in North America: To support businesses here, but to also be closer to the process to better ensure high quality
- NCAP Tested: Foonf is crash tested to NCAP, which simulates forces experienced in extreme collisions.
- Anti-Rebound Bar: In Rear-Facing mode, Foonf’s Anti-Rebound bar improves stability by limiting rotation of the child seat, helping protect your child’s head from impact in the case of a collision.
- GREENGUARD Select Certified: Crypton® Super Fabrics are GREENGUARD Select Certified and provide permanent protection against stains, moisture and odor-causing bacteria; and are free of brominated and chlorinated flame retardants.
- infant-thingy: Infant insert designed to accommodate a child in rear-facing and weighing between 5–22 lb in a Clek Foonf and Fllo convertible seat.
- Approved for use in Aircraft
The Revolutionary REACT™ Safety System
REDUCING THE FORCES TRANSMITTED TO YOUR FORWARD-FACING CHILD IN A FRONTAL COLLISION.
In keeping with the American Academy of Pediatrics advice to keep toddlers in Rear-Facing car seats until age 2 (or until they reach the maximum height and weight for their seat), we sought out to design a child seat that reduces the forces on older children in car seats when they transition forward-facing.
The REACT™ Safety System integrated into every Foonf child seat protects your child much like the crumple zones in the cars we drive — one of the most effective innovations in automotive safety.
In a collision, the vehicle comes to an abrupt stop, but the child continues to move at the same speed. The less time that it takes for the child to come to a complete stop, the higher the forces exerted on the child. The REACT Safety System allows that sudden change in momentum to happen over a longer period of time through a series of controlled events. Foonf is designed to ride down the collision crumpling the aluminum honeycomb and absorbing energy from the collision resulting in less force transferred to the child.