Ergonomic baby carrier with many features
Baby carriers from BABYBJÖRN are easy to use and hold your baby in an upright position that ensures free air passages, free movement for their legs and arms, and good support for their neck and head. We develop all our baby carriers in close cooperation with medical specialists, such as pediatric orthopedists and neonatal doctors. The One Carrier is the ergonomic babywearing choice that makes it easy for you to give your child the closeness and security they need, while you keep your hands free. Easy to use and adaptable to the needs of your growing child, it’s our most popular baby carrier. Are you worried that babywearing might make you and your baby too hot? Baby Carrier One is available in an airy mesh is designed to make babywearing much more comfortable in hot and humid conditions. It’s soft and breathable, but it’s also durable and dries quickly after washing.
- Newborn to three years / Min 8 lb/3.5 kg, 21 in/53 cm. Max 33 lb/15 kg, 39 in/100 cm
- Minimum age outward-facing: 5 months
- Use the leg straps to tighten the leg openings for babies between 8-10 lb/3.5-4.5 kg
- 4 front and back carrying positions: Choose whether you want to carry your child facing in (two height positions), facing out or on your back.
- Ergonomic leg position: Fully adjustable seat width ensures a comfortable and ergonomically correct position for your child’s hips.
- Padded shoulder straps for superior carrying comfort: Luxuriously thick padding in the shoulder straps gives you superior carrying comfort.
- Pressure-relieving waist belt: The wide, sturdy waist belt gives you excellent pressure relief and ensures good carrying ergonomics.
- Built-in infant insert: Baby Carrier One has two height positions. Use the upper position for newborns (at least 8 lbs/3.5 kg) so your baby is carried in the proper position close to your face. Your baby should be close enough for you to kiss the top of their head.
- Carry your toddler on your back: As your child reaches the toddler stage, it will be more comfortable for you to carry them on your back. We recommend that you only start carrying your child on your back after the age of 12 months since this position does not offer the same degree of supervision.
- Easy and safe back carrying: With your child in the baby carrier facing inwards, you can easily swivel the baby carrier from front to back. It’s comfortable and you can do it on your own. The design of the baby carrier ensures that your child sits safely and securely while being moved onto your back.
- Adjustable head support: The baby carrier has a sturdy, flexible head support that you can use until your newborn’s neck muscles are strong enough to hold up the head. You can also keep the head support unfolded while your older baby (over 5 months) is resting or sleeping in the baby carrier. The head support is fully adjustable and individually adaptable.
- Hip-friendly baby carrier: The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has tested Baby Carrier One and acknowledges it to be “hip-healthy”. This means that the baby carrier provides the correct support to your child’s hips and encourages good hip joint development, which is especially important in your child’s first months.
- Child-friendly material: All our baby carriers are free from harmful substances and approved in accordance with Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Class 1 for baby products.